Quickies: Morning, Noon, and Night Challenge
I love this cookbook. So much so, that I wrote an article about it on Blogcritics, What is Flavor? A Party in the Mouth. Not only does Denise Fletcher offer expedient and inventive recipes, you will be blown away by her fun, humorous, and witty writing style. The book contains 70 succulent recipes, all of which can be done quickly on a hectic weeknight.
However, you will get much more useful information. There are chapters dealing with tips on essential kitchen tools and how to use them, quick and easy measuring of ingredients, and how to make kick-ass coffee at home. Not to mention, something that helps me quite a bit, fabulous information on wines and paring them with food. Click on this link for a sneak peak inside the book Quickies Search Inside
On to the challenge…
Stimulated by two of Denise’s favorite ingredients to work with, COMPOSE a course that contains AVOCADO & FETA CHEESE. The dish can be vegetarian, vegan, carnivore, or pescatore, whatever. It can even be a dessert. How cool would that be? No matter what, it must contain the two challenge ingredients.
A good example is on page 38 of Quickies…Avocado, Green Chili, and Feta Cheese Salad. Here the avocado, tomatoes, and feta are complimented by the heat from the green chili, and finished with a smooth lime-chili dressing. My kind of salad.
1. Neither Denise, Nancy, nor I will be participating.
2. The winner will be chosen by a consensus of the three of us.
3. The challenge is open to everyone, worldwide.
1. You must submit a dish containing Avocado & Feta Cheese.
2. Copy & Paste the above photo onto your blog post that includes the dish you wish to submit.
3. If submitting an old blog post, just write a short, new post with the contest photo included.
4. Email me a link to your post at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 7, 2010.
6. On June 8, 2010 we will announce the winner & post a round-up of all the dishes.
1. Winner gets a copy of Quickies: Morning, Noon, and Night
2. A guest blogger spot on Lazaro Cooks!
Okay, that second prize is crappy, but the first one is AWESOME!
I hope you enjoy our first Quickies: Morning, Noon, and Night Challenge. Have fun and be creative. Tell your readers that you intend to participate; they may want to join in the merriment.
By the way, please check the blog on Sunday, I will post something for all Moms.
That’s it for now…till we exchange a few words again…Peace!