Quickies Cocktail Challenge
Now, I will step out of the way and allow Denise to explain everything to you all....
The prize will be a copy of my cookbook Quickies: Morning, Noon and Night. This is my first cookbook and I've written it with the aim of providing inspiration to anyone who's ever felt too tired, too uninspired to cook or has the pizza delivery number on speed dial.
I've tested and cooked every one of the 70 short, easy but sensational recipes in it countless times, over many years, so you know that they'll really work. I personally prepared and plated all the dishes in the book, which were then photographed by a professional photographer, in my apartment.
It's more than just a recipe book - there are sections for things like kitting out your kitchen, getting the most out of your kitchen tools, the quick easy way to measure baking ingredients without a scale, making fabulous coffee at home and a walk through of everything a beginner would need to know about wine and how to pair it successfully with your favourite foods. I could go on and on but if you've not seen it and are curious, why don't you take a detailed Quickies preview here instead? HERE
COMPOSE a cocktail, alcoholic or non-alcoholic, of your choice. It can be your unique twist on a classic cocktail like a Martini, a Lemon Drop, a Margarita or a concoction entirely of your own creation, making its debut here ;) Use any alcohol, liqueur, mixer, juice, garnish or ingredient you wish. What we're looking for is a delicious sounding and sexy cocktail - either with a sexy name, sexy or cheeky background story, or a sexy looking presentation, or best of all, ALL THREE!!! The entry which best exemplifies sex appeal, in a glass, wins!
An example is on page 124 of Quickies: Morning, Noon and Night , "Firefly"
I mixed Campari, lime juice, cranberry juice, a touch sugar and soda water for a zippy little quencher with the bewitching grapefruit scent of the famous Italian brand of bitters. Why did I call it "Firefly"? After I had shaken it up and strained it into a martini glass, it struck me that the colour was very much like a shade of Clinique lipstick I used to wear all the time, which was marketed as "Firefly". I haven't worn it in years, but the colour always stuck in my mind because my husband went mad for it and once told me that if it were not for that very shade of lipstick, we might not be married today. Men ;)
1. Neither Lazaro, nor I will be participating.
2. The winner will be unanimously chosen by Lazaro and I.
3. The challenge is open to everyone, worldwide.
Challenge Guidelines :
1. You must submit an alcoholic or non-alcoholic cocktail recipe, with a photo, as a post, on your blog.
2. Copy & Paste the Quickies cover image (contest photo shown above) onto your blog post that includes the cocktail you wish to submit.
3. If submitting an old blog post, just write a short, new post with the contest photo (Quickies Book Cover) included.
4. Email me a link to your post at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 12:00 AM September 24,2010, EST
6. On September 25, 2010 we will announce the winner & post a round-up of all the submitted cocktail recipes.
Winner gets a copy of Quickies: Morning, Noon and Night.
I hope you enjoy our Quickies Cocktail Challenge. Have fun and be creative. Please tell your readers that you intend to participate; they might like to join in the merriment!
That's it for now...till we exchange a few words again...Peace!