- 6 ounces Fresh raspberries
- 1/2 tablespoon Caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) Lemon juice - fresh
- 1/2 Lemon - zested
- In a food processor, add the 6 oz raspberries, caster sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest. Process until smooth.
- Strain through a chinois or fine mesh strainer.
- Fridge for 12 hours
Rum Soaked Raspberries
- 6 Raspberries - halved
- Agave syrup
- Havana Club light rum
- In a small saucepan, combine equal parts agave syrup and light rum. Cook until a syrupy consistency is achieved.
- Place the halved raspberries in a glass bowl and cover with the agave/rum syrup. Take care each raspberry is submerged.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Allow to sit at room temp overnight.
- 32 ounces Homemade chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon Butter - unsalted
- 1/2 Yellow onion - sliced thin on a mandoline
- 1 cup Carnaroli rice
- 1/2 cup Raspberry puree
- Sea salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Butter - unsalted, cubed & ice cold
- 1/2 cup Gruyere cheese - grated
- 4 21-25 ct prawns - boiled, peeled, deveined, & butterfiled
- Chive tips
- In a sauce pan, heat the chicken stock to a gentle simmer.
- In a small sauce pan, gently heat the raspberry puree over low heat. DO NOT ALLOW TO BOIL.
- In a risotto pan, melt the 1 1/2 tbs butter over medium-low heat. Add the onions and cook slowly for 5 minutes, DO NOT ALLOW TO COLOR.
- Turn the heat up to medium, and add the rice. Stir until all the grains of rice are covered in oil and onion. It is important to get the rice up to temperature before adding liquid.
- Once you add the first ladle of stock the process should take 18 minutes to cook the risotto. Keep the risotto at a steady bubble while you continue adding stock, stirring, and letting it absorb, before adding more stock. Stirring is important, the bottom of the pan is hottest, so keep the rice moving to avoid burning.
- After 15 minutes, start checking the doneness of the rice. It should be plump and tender, but still retain a slight firmness to the bite. Add the raspberry puree at this point. Mix well to incorporate.
- Rest: Take the rice off the heat. Allow to rest for 2 minutes without stirring to prepare it for the emulsification. If the pan is too hot, when you add the cold butter and cheese they will melt too quickly and split.
- Mantecatura: Working fast beat in the ice-cold butter and gruyere cheese. Get your whole body into it. Move your hand quickly, shake the pan. The point of the exercise is to be left with a creamy, rich, and emulsified finished product.
- Garnish: Top the risotto with the prawn, rum soaked raspberries and chive tip.
That's it for now...till we exchange a few words again...Peace!