Welcome to Alex Cooks
It truly is a special day when I can have my little brother, Alex, grace us with his talent.
This time it is really, really special for three reasons...
- Well, he's my brother!
- He created a lovely original dish.
- He used Bison!
Here he put together a fabulous Stuffed burger with some posh items. I mean, Pink Himalayan Salt?! Who is this guy, Hubert Keller? He even made his own ketchup recipe that he will not be sharing. Sounds familiar?
You also may remember my bro's previous original creation on LC...
Alex has a propensity for incredibly long titles. A bit long-winded & self-important. No clue where he could have picked that up.
With that said, have I ever regaled you with the time I...
Burger with Avocado & Heirloom Tomatoes on Ciabatta Buffalo
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- sea salt
- smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
2 poundscoarsely ground , chilled Buffalo
- 1/2 cup Dubliner cheese shredded
- fresh chives
- 1 ripe Hass Avocado
- 2 small Heirloom Tomatoes
- Ciabatta rolls
- Pink Himalayan salt (Garnish)
- In a large bowl, combine the buffalo meat, thyme, 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika. Using your hands knead the meat lightly to keep the texture light and juicy. Form the mixture into eight even sized balls. Make a small depression in half the patties and fill with a mound of the shredded Dubliner cheese. Top with the remaining patties and pinch together around the cheese filling making sure it is completely enclosed.
- To cook, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season the meat on both sides with sea salt & black pepper. Cook the burgers in the skillet without pressing down the patties turning once or twice for about three minutes. (Medium Rare) Add the unsalted butter and baste the burgers with a spoon several times while they cook in the pan.
- While the burgers cook toast the ciabatta rolls lightly in the broiler.
- When the burgers are done, remove them to a warm platter and let rest for several minutes while you dress the buns. Peel, pit and slice the avocado. Also slice the heirloom tomatoes.
To build the burgers:
- spread the bun bottoms with the ketchup.
- Add several avocado slices, then a slice of the heirloom tomato.
- Garnish the top with some Pink Himalayan Salt & chives.
Please do not stop by Alex's blog. He don't have one!
That's it for now...till we exchange a few words again...Peace.