Breaded Coconut Shrimp:
- Take your favorite shrimp.
- Peel, devien & butterfly the shrimp.
- Make a batter of flour, coconut milk, coconut flakes & seasonings.
- Deep fry at 350 F for 2 minutes
- Here's what you get...
Here's the pizza construction....
- Pineapple BBQ sauce. I found this to be the perfect companion for the coconut shrimp. Made an awesome sauce. Thanks to my brilliant wife for the suggestion of using pineapple.
- Sliced Leeks. Add an onion punch.
- Shredded Fontina cheese. Awesome mild tasting and great melting cheese.
- Flat leaf Parsley. Adds great color.
- At this point bake the pizza at 450 F for 8 minutes.
- Add the quartered fried breaded coconut shrimp.
- Add a light drizzle of avocado oil.
- Return to the 450 F oven to finish baking.
Breaded Coconut Shrimp Pizza
Sometimes kitchen ideas are better in the mind of the cook but when executed do not work. Well, this one was tremendous. My wife called it a tropical pizza. Agreed. It had a very Caribbean feel to it.
That's it for now...till we exchange a few words again...Peace!