Jessica recently shared with us a flavorful, balanced and bold Mustard Seed Pork Chops Dish.
Again, I am fortunate to be working with Jessica. I have long been an admirer of her cooking style. She's a smart, fun & creative cook. Finally, she loves pork, a big plus in my book.
Make sure you stop by Bacon and Souffle. Here are some reasons why...
- Fantastic varied range of cuisines
- Top notch photography
- Well written
- Clear, bright, easy to read blog layout.
Hello, readers of Lazaro Cooks! I'm so happy to be guest posting here again. This time I am even more thrilled because as Laz mentioned in a previous post, we are on the same team for our May 5 Star Makeover! It is going to be mind blowing - just to build some anticipation without giving anything away. Every team is going to be amazing and I am excited to be planning and sharing ideas with a creative mastermind like Lazaro. Taste and inspiration. The two most important things to me when it comes to cooking. Be prepared as we share with you our "menus" in May!
In the meantime, I wanted to share with you one of the best salads I've made. A salad that has sweet cantaloupe with tossed arugula, sliced prosciutto, and fresh burrata. I love the freshness and flavors of this salad. It is the perfect Spring/Summer dish. Enjoy!
- For candied pecans (1 cup sugar, 1 cup pecans).
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tbsp EVOO, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 small sweet cantaloupe
- 10 cups of baby arugula
- 4.5 tsp champagne vinaigrette
- 1/2lb thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 lb fresh burrata
- 1.5 tsp aged balsamic vinegar
- fleur de sel
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pecans
- 3 tsp vincotto
- 3 tsp of chive oil
- Heat oven to 250F. Combine sugar with 1 cup of water in a small saucepan and bring it to a simmer, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add pecans and simmer on low until tender (15 minutes). Strain pecans and spread them in a single layer on parchment paper. Toast until crisp, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk vinegar and 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp of the olive oil in a bowl. Add 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, and sugar. Adjust seasoning to taste and set aside.
- Halve and seed cantaloupe. Cut cantaloupe into wedges then slice cantaloupe. Arrange them among 6 plates.
- Dress arugula with 4 tsp of vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper. Toss lightly and arrange them among salad plates.
- Divide prosciutto among plates and then top prosciutto with fresh burrata. Drizzle 1/4 tsp of balsamic vinegar and 1/2 tsp of olive oil among each of the 6 plates. Top each salad with a pinch of sea salt. Scatter candied pecans over the salads and drizzle each with 1/2 tsp of vincotto and chive oil.
That's it for now...till we exchange a few words again...Peace!