Welcome to Le Morel
An exquisite dining expereince showcasing the luxurious Morel Mushrooms. This is quite the posh...i.e expensive item to work with. However prized the world over by chefs.
- Our meal gets off to a spectacular start with a Morel Raviolo En Broth by our talented Chef Joan.
- The Main Attraction is a tremendous Chard Wrapped Veal Involtini with Morels, Eggs, & Cheese by our crafty Chef Jessica.
Morel Mushroom Ice Cream? What?! Yeah, exactly what I said.
Ice Cream Base
- Whole Milk
- Morel Mushrooms
- Smoked Bacon
- Skim Milk Powder
- Egg Yolks
- Cane Sugar
There are a few keys in my mind to really making this work...
- Clean and scrub the fresh morel mushrooms well.
- Roast the morel mushrooms in the oven to intensify flavor.
- Render most of the fat from the bacon.
- Keep the bacon to a minimum. It should be an accent, not an overpowering force.
- Allow the mushroom and bacon to infuse the milk for at least 24 hours.
This ice cream was made with solid carbon dioxide or Dry Ice. Dry Ice is colder, (-194 F) than any domestic ice maker can dream of getting. It is safe to eat. I use it all the time when making ice cream, sorbet, granitas, etc. There are some things to keep in mind when working with dry ice.
- Do not allow it to touch your skin, it will burn.
- Has a very short shelf life.
- Use it pretty soon after purchase.
- Keep in a foam cooler.
- It will eventually evaporate.
- Break into very small pellets before service. Big chunks of dry ice in the ice cream will burn the mouth.
Prepare your Dry Ice concoction at the table. It's always great theater for your guests.
Chocolate Chili Cookies
This cookie dough was made with 2 different chocolates...
- Chocolate chili
Lindt makes a fabulous dark chocolate infused with premium chilies. In my opinion it gave this unusual dessert another surprise layer of flavor.
Finish the course with candied almonds and a rich chocolate sauce. I wanted to carry through this dessert a few notes of...
According to our diners...mission accomplished.
Morel Mushroom Ice Cream Sandwich
Morel Mushroom Ice Cream, Chocolate Chili Cookies, & Candied Almonds
Please do drop by and check out the rest of my team...
I cannot thank them enough for their hard work, classiness, sense of responsibility and overall easy to work with.
Two of the best food bloggers around.
That's it for now...till we exchange a few words again...Peace!