This month our task was to create with Squash. Certainly the right time of the year. I chose to work with Spaghetti Squash.
For those who think ceviche this time a year is strange...I LIVE IN MIAMI.
It's always hot here.
Anjou Pear and Ponzu Shrimp Ceviche with Cold Spaghetti Squash "Noodles"
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut squash in half
- Scoop out seeds and scraggly bits.
- Roast in oven, cut side down, for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool enough to handle
- Using a fork, scrape down the flesh of the squash
- It will come off like strands of spaghetti
- Rice wine vinegar
- Grated ginger
- Pinch of Chinese five spice
Anjou Pear & Ponzu Shrimp Ceviche
- 1 lb shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 cup ponzu sauce
- 1/4 cup pear nectar
- Anjou pear - diced
- Jalapeno - minced
- Red grapes - sliced
- Combine all ingredients in a glass bowl.
- Mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap
- Allow "cook" in the fridge for 35 minutes.